Cheap European Motor Breakdown Cover
Review cheap motor breakdown assistance today & save. Our site helps you compare 4 different types of cover to ensure you choose the most comprehensive policy at the cheapest price to suit your needs. We offer 2, 3, 4 & 5 star insurance, see benefits above.
It is important to note that not all car insurance policies will cover you for breakdown assistance. It always seems to occur when you least expect it, your vehicle won’t start or it decides to come to an abrupt halt. Alternatively it might be a problem with a flat tyre or battery failure.
Depending on the type of breakdown assistance you choose, the insurer will cover you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in the event that your vehicle breaks down in your driveway or out on the road, it may also cover you for travelling around Europe.
If your vehicle cannot be repaired on the roadside, the insurance provider will arrange for your car to be towed to the nearest garage for repair generally within a radius of 15 miles, although this will range depending on the insurer’s criteria. We have highlighted a list of vehicle breakdown benefits below, these benefits will vary depending on the type of policy you purchase.
• Nationwide recovery service
• Roadside assistance & towing
• Continuation of journey
• Overnight accommodation
• 24 hour Irish vehicle hire
• Emergency driver
• Alternative travel
• Home start assistance
• European breakdown cover
• Delivering replacement parts
• Loss of use of vehicle
Breakdown assistance will give you and your family piece of mind when travelling in Ireland, the UK or in Europe based on your chosen cover. No matter how well prepared, motor breakdowns will happen. So whether the policy is purchased for yourself, your children or an elderly relative, you can be sure that they will have 24 hour roadside assistance if they encounter any problems.
Other benefits generally include running out of diesel or petrol, locked keys inside car, flat tyre or battery failure. In the event your vehicle breaks down you will need to call the insurance company, they will take your details and send a qualified mechanic to repair the car generally within 45 minutes although this can vary depending on location. If you are planning on travelling outside of Ireland you may wish to consider a European motor breakdown policy.
Breakdown Assistance Ireland
We have put together a list of frequently asked questions for breakdown assistance in Ireland, to help you understand what is and what is not covered, so that you can make a more informed decision before purchasing your policy online.
What does a motor breakdown policy cover?
Breakdown cover is an insurance policy that offers 24 hour assistance and recovery to motorists in the event a vehicle has engine difficulties, a flat tyre or battery failure. Breakdown assistance may also cover vehicles that have broken down outside the home, anywhere in Ireland or Europe depending on the type of policy purchased.
What benefits are included in the policy?
The following benefits are generally covered, however we would recommend that you review your policy schedule and terms and conditions to confirm what is and what is not insured.
– If your vehicle is unable to start due to engine failure, flat tyre or a dead battery.
– One hour’s free roadside labour.
– If the vehicle can’t be repaired it will be towed to the nearest garage.
– Completion of your journey i.e. onward transport for you and your passengers home or to your intended destination. Terms and conditions will vary and limits may apply.
– Replacement vehicle while your car is being repaired, terms, conditions and limits may apply.
– Overnight accommodation generally for 1 night subject to maximum value, which will be outlined in your policy schedule.
– Home start in the event your car breaks down outside your house.
– European cover is an additional benefit and can be taken out if you plan to travel around Europe.
If my vehicle breaks down, when can I expect a mechanic to arrive?
The recovery response for national breakdown assistance is generally within 45 minutes, however this will depend on your location and may vary depending on the recovery team.
If I purchase a policy today, will my vehicle be covered immediately?
Insurers do not generally cover breakdowns within the first 72 hours of purchasing a new policy.
If a friend or relative is driving my car and it breaks down will they be covered?
Yes provided you have given them permission to drive your car, they will be covered.
What happens the policy if I purchase a new or second car?
The policy can be transferred to your new vehicle provided it meets the criteria outlined in the terms and conditions. Always notify the insurance company immediately when you replace your car.
What should I do if my car breaks down?
– Drive into the hard shoulder and put on your hazard lights.
– If you have a warning triangle in your car place it approx. 40 to 50 meters behind your vehicle, however this should not be used on a motorway.
– Call the emergency assistance number when you realise that your vehicle will not start.
– Lock the doors and wait for the mechanic to arrive. Thank you for reviewing our FAQ, we hope you found it useful and informative.