Looking forward to your time away from the office, a break from the Irish weather or simply time to relax and read by the pool. Most Irish holiday makers will put a lot of thought into what to bring, how to spend their time exploring their new surroundings and what activities or excursions to plan. Take a little time to review and compare multi trip travel insurance prices, benefits and cover limits as it will offer you peace of mind knowing that you have sufficient cover in place while you’re abroad.
If you plan on taking more than one holiday this year, you can save money by purchasing an annual travel insurance policy, which will cover you, your partner or your family for a number of trips. Multi trip cover also known as annual travel insurance will allow more flexibility for last minute trips and out of the blue city breaks!
Relax and enjoy long summer nights, a glass of wine on the balcony, or taking a stroll on the beach. Here are some multi trip travel insurance handy tips.
1. When purchasing a multi trip policy ensure you are aware of the maximum duration of any one trip. This can range from 20 to 60 days per trip, depending on the insurer.
2. If you decide on a holiday outside your original destination ensure you are covered for the new destination. We recommend you contact the insurance company to upgrade the policy to the new destination before you travel. UK, Europe, Worldwide etc
3. Frequent traveller – If you’re planning on taking more than one trip this year, you may save money by purchasing a multi trip holiday insurance rather than a few single trip polices.
4. Book online – some travel insurance companies offer a discounted web quote for online travel insurance purchases.
5. Save money by selecting the option on the website that will enable the travel insurance company to email the multi trip holiday insurance documentation rather than sending it to you in the post. Postage charges can be very expensive.
6. Shop around for multi trip travel insurance, you may be able to buy a new suitcase with the savings.
7. When comparing and reviewing travel insurance products ensure you compare like with like, the main criteria to compare are cancellation cover, medical expenses and lost baggage.
8. When travelling abroad always bring a copy of your holiday insurance policy and emergency assistance number and keep them safe either by storing them on your phone or keeping the details in your wallet or purse.
9. If your luggage goes missing or is damaged, you will need to report the incident to the airline and complete a PIR report.
10. If in the unfortunate event items are stolen, report the incident to the local police station within 24 hours to confirm the incident did occur.
11. If you have a pre-existing medical condition, contact the insurance company to disclose this specific illness. You may have to contact a pre-existing medical screening number or ask your GP for a letter confirming your fit to travel.
12. If you fall ill abroad ensure you contact the emergency assistance number and keep all receipts from the health centre or hospital. The emergency assistance number details should be on your multi trip travel insurance policy document.
Annual multi trip travel insurance will cover you to take multiple trips within the year. Compare cheap annual travel insurance for great deals, whether it be a city break in April, a sea, sun and sand holiday in the summer or a skiing holiday in the winter months ensure you’re well covered. Many Irish holiday insurance companies now offer optional levels of cover that can be added to your multi trip travel policy. These include, winter sports, golf cover, business cover, cruise cover, wedding cover and volcanic ash insurance.
Multi trip insurance is a policy which will protect the insured for multiple trips over the course of a year. This type of holiday policy covers the insured for a period of one year (365 days). Holidays or trips do not have to be planned prior to taking out this type of policy. The price will be quoted on certain criteria such as the age of the individual and the destination, which will include worldwide, European and UK options. Thank you for visiting CompareInsuranceIreland, we hope we saved you time and money!