12 tips on how to get cheaper car insurance in Ireland.
For cheap car insurance, we have outlined some suggestions below to help you find the best insurance quote and policy that’s right for you.
- Car insurance excess – The higher the policy excess amount, the better your chance of getting a more competitive quote.
- Types of policy – Compare quotes for third-party, third-party fire and theft and fully comprehensive and decide on the policy and premium that best suits you.
- Yearly premium – Pay an annual premium rather than monthly, as monthly payments can be more expensive.
- Reduce your mileage – Limit the number of kilometres you drive each year. The lower the mileage, the lower the risk, which may lead to a cheaper insurance quote.
- Car alarm – Vehicles with higher security may get a better car insurance deal. Consider installing an alarm and immobiliser if none are fitted.
- No claims discount – The more years you go without making a claim, the better your chances of reducing your annual premium. For more details in relation to your no claims discount ask our customer support team at 042 935 9090 or refer to the policy document.
- Extras – Review insurance policies with and without the usual extras to see if you can get a cheaper quote, courtesy car cover, windscreen cover, protected no-claims bonus etc.
- Work – Consider using public transport or working from home if possible rather than using your car to drive to work.
- Telematics – This is a type of box that is fitted to your car. It monitors driver behaviour. Your insurance premium will be based on the data about your driving, such as mileage, engine use or time
- Overnight parking – Depending on where you park, this may influence the price of your car insurance premium. You may get a better deal if you park in a garage or driveway rather than on a public street.
- Your vehicle – Cars with smaller engines generally have a lower premium than larger engines. Consider your options regarding mileage, insurance and tax before buying a new car.
- Additional drivers – You may get a cheaper quote if you add your spouse or partner to your policy, provided they are experienced drivers.
Shop around for the best deal. Review prices from different insurers for cheap car insurance; you may be surprised at how much you can save. Compare quotes today online or give us a quick call at 042 935 9090.